Trinity Baptist Church Missions in Katy
Trinity Baptist Church in Katy seeks to encourage and facilitate members to be involved in God's kingdom work. We believe that God instructs us to share His love and message of Salvation through Christ with others and to serve those in need. We do this through our work in many missions in the 77494 zip code and surrounding areas of our community.
We know that God wants to use His people to make a difference in their own neighborhoods, both by doing good things like feeding the hungry and providing clothing for the homeless and telling them the Good News of Jesus Christ. It's important to hear God's Word and demonstrate it.
Opportunities to Serve
We encourage members to live the Word by giving time and energy in service to others. Here are a few of he many opportunities we provide:
- Every Sunday afternoon a group of Trinity members provide a worship service for residents of the Alzheimer Care Facility.
- Our women's ministry is very active with the Gracewood shelter for single women and their children
- We budget support for Katy Christian Ministries and we provide volunteers as needed. Our teens lead an annual food drive as part of the DNow Weekend.
- The National Day of Prayer for our country includes an annual gathering nd emphasis, supported by many of the churches in West Houston.
- Neighborhood Kidz Club Compassion for the under-served drives the ministry of Neighborhood Kidz Club, which provides many types of service for children in teh Sundown community.
- Pregnancy Help CenterWe participate in the annual Baby Bottle Blessing that helps fund this ministry in our community.
- Church Plants Trinity is currently the sponsor for Trinity PhilAm Christian Church, a congregation for Filipinos living in the Katy area. Trinity PhilAm meets at The Link (615 S. Mason Road) on Sunday at 10 AM. For more information, visit www.trinityphilam.org. We also supported and provided space for a group of Korean believers in starting a church.
- (ESL) English Second Language Every Spring and Fall Trinity Baptist Church offers an ESL class for our community. It is a curriculum based with an emphasis on conversational English. The class is two months each session.
- Church-Wide Projects In addition, Trinity believes it is important that we teach everyone how important a missions lifestyle is so we sponsor an annual Family Mission Trip where families can go on a short term mission trip together. This is usually a week long in the summer within driving distance of Katy to keep the cost low and Trinity subsidizes a lot of the cost. We have taken families to minister in hurricane relief in Mississippi, helped two Spanish language churches in south Texas and, most recently, are helping a church in Arkansas with their buildings and ministries. Children are encouraged to attend and are an integral part of the trip.
Trinity has helped with the Katy Community Thanksgiving Ministry. This listing is not exhaustive and there are individuals and groups of families doing all kinds of good things in our community and we say "God bless them" and want to encourage that in any way that we can as a church.